Courtesy of Executive Chef Robert Vargo, LeMont Restaurant
- Preheat oven to 350° Rub room temperature butter on inside of casserole dishes.
- Evenly coat butter within casserole dishes with sugar. Set aside.
- Whisk all soufflé sauce ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- In a pan on low heat, add half the milk, butter and shaved chocolate. Bring to a simmer and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, flour and remaining milk.
- Combine mixture with heated mixture. Add chocolate syrup and bring back to simmer until thickened (constantly stir with rubber spatula to prevent scorching).
- Once thickened, add egg yolks. Whisk until well-blended. Set aside.
- In mixer, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Mix stiff egg whites with soufflé batter until well-blended.
- Pour mixture into sugar-coated casserole dishes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Equipment:Round Casserole Dishes
- 2-ounce stick Lightly Salted Butter (room temperature)
- 2 ounces Sugar
- Soufflé Sauce:
- 6 ounces Chocolate Ice Cream
- 4 ounces Whipped Heavy Cream
- 4 ounces Hershey Chocolate Syrup
- Soufflé Batter:
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1-½ cup Whole Milk
- ¼ stick Lightly Salted Butter
- 8 Egg Yolks
- 8 Egg Whites
- ¼ cup Dark Chocolate, (shaved)
- ¼ cup Hershey Chocolate Syrup