Happy St. Patrick’s Day from Twice As Good! We’ve made some delicious Soda Bread to celebrate this lucky holiday
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, and butter into a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, mix on medium speed until there are no visible large chunks of butter.
- Meanwhile, place the spinach in a small food processor and pulse until all of the leaves are finely chopped.
- When the flour mixture is ready add the chopped spinach, eggs, and buttermilk. Mix for approximately 5 minutes. The dough will be slightly sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 3-4 additional minutes adding flour as necessary. Cut the dough into two equal parts. Roll the dough to make two small balls and place them on the prepared baking tray. Use a sharp knife to score the top of each dough ball with a single line down the middle.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. The bread will be ready when the bottom sounds hollow when lightly tapped. Enjoy!
- 4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 stick Butter, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 cups Fresh Spinach Leaves
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk