Happy Halloween from Twice As Good!!! Try our spooky and fun Spider Cookies at your Halloween Celebration!!!
- Combine the all purpose flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk the butter, coconut oil, confectioners sugar, and vanilla extract until it is light and fluffy.
- Use a stiff spoon to slowly mix in the flour mixture to the butter. *Note cookie dough will become very thick.
- Once ready place all the dough onto a large peace of parchment paper and use your hands to form a log. Roll the excess parchment paper around the log and seal the edges. *Chill for at least half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice cookie dough into ¼ inch round cookies, place on a large cookie sheet with at least 1 inch between each cookie. Bake for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to fully cool for at least 1 hour.
- To decorate, ice the cookies with orange or white icing for the base. Next place a grape in the center of the iced cookie. Prepare a piping bag with a very small circular shaped piping tip and fill it with the black icing. Pipe 4 legs on either side of the grape. Use a small dot of icing to make the decorative eyes stick to the top of the grapes. Enjoy at your spooky Halloween get-together!
Large Cookie Sheet
Piping Bag Tips
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- ¼ cup Butter or Margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 24 Large Seedless Black or Purple Grapes
- Orange Cookie Icing
- White Cookie Icing
- Black Cookie Icing
- 24 Decorative Candy Eyes