Celebrate National Cheese Day with our Twice as Good Broccoli Cheddar Bake!
- Preheat oven to 375° Spray 8x8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat sauce pot over medium heat. Add butter quickly, followed by onion. Sauté until translucent. Add flour, cook for an additional 2 minutes constantly stirring.
- Add milk. Cook until mixture slightly thickens. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Next add 1 ½ cups of shredded cheese. While stirring, add eggs.
- Pour sauce over broccoli. Mix and transfer to baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until top is brown and bubbly. Serve warm. Enjoy!
- 8 cups Broccoli, blanched
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour or All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Whole Milk or Almond Milk
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Salt and Pepper