Try out these Twice As Good Blueberry Turnovers for a sweet and fruity treat.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl combine blueberries, brown sugar, orange zest, and cornstarch stir until all the blueberries are well coated. Set aside.
- Lay out the thawed piecrust on a flat surface. Use a 4 inch circle pastry cutter to make 12 round circles with the pie crust.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the blueberry mixture in the center of each circle.
- Fold over one side of the circle to make a half circle and press the edges tightly. Use a fork to crimp the edges and make a fun pattern.
- Lay all of the pastries onto a baking sheet. Use a pair of scissors to make a small slit right in the center of the pastry for ventilation.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the pastries with the beaten egg.
- Bake the pastries for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown in the preheated oven. Allow to fully cool.
- To make the icing combine the Greek yogurt, powdered sugar, and orange juice in a bowl and mix until there are no lumps. When the pastries are cooled drizzle them with the icing. Enjoy.
4 Inch Circle Pastry Cutter
- 1 cup Blueberries
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 sheets of Premade Piecrust, thawed
- 1 Egg, beaten
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Orange Juice