Spinach is our vegetable SUPERHERO. It’s packed with vitamins and is delicious. This week we changed up the normal spinach side dish and made a fancy Spinach Soufflé instead. Try out this recipe and see how easy it is to make this fun twist on a classic. We hope your side of Superhero Spinach is Twice as Good.!
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 6 soufflé ramekins with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a saucepot melt butter and sauté shallots until translucent.
- Add the whole-wheat flour and cook for 5 minutes, this will make a thick paste.
- Add the baking powder, milk, and season with sauce. Cook until the mixture thickens. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whip all of the eggs until they are a light yellow and fluffy; add the chopped spinach, cooled milk mixture, and sundried tomatoes.
- Portion the mixture into the soufflé ramekins and bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven.
Hand Mixer/ Stand Mixer
- 2 cups Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- 6 tablespoons Whole-wheat Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ cup Milk
- 4 Eggs Whites
- 2 Egg Yolks
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Sundried Tomatoes, chopped
- Pinch of Salt
- Cooking Spray