September 22 is National Ice Cream Cone Day! Try our Twice As Good Strawberry Ice Cream with your favorite Cone!
- Combine the whole milk, heavy cream, sugar and salt in a heavy bottom sauce pot. Heat over medium heat and stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Whisk the egg yolks and slowly add one cup of the hot milk.
- Pour the egg yolk and milk mixture back into the pot. Cook over medium low heat stirring constantly. Remove from heat once the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon (should take about 5-8 minutes). Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Chill overnight or at lest 4 hours.
- Add the strawberry puree and strawberry milk powder to the cooled ice cream base.
- Pour the ice cream base into an electric ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once ice cream is ready scoop into a freezer safe container, top with sprinkles and freeze for up to a week. Enjoy!!!
Electric Ice Cream Maker
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 5 Egg Yolks
- ½ cup Strawberry Puree, strained of seeds
- 2 tablespoons Strawberry Milk Powder
- ¼ cup Rainbow Sprinkles