Sweet Potato Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, sweet potato, egg, and vegetable oil in a separate bowl. Whip with a hand mixer or a sturdy whisk. The mixture should be slightly lumpy.
- Fold in dry ingredients. Portion muffin mixture into prepared muffin pan. Fill cups ¾ to the rim.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for streusel. Mix until small clumps of dough form. Top muffins with prepared streusel.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the muffin, 15-20 minutes.
12-Cup Muffin Pan
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Rolled Oats
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 can Cooked Yams in syrup, drained -or- 1 ½ cups Cooked Sweet Potato
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Butter, melted