Happy Thanksgiving from Twice As Good! Try these delicious Turkey Cookies as a special Thanksgiving treat! We made them a little bit healthier by using whole wheat flour and peanut butter as icing. We hope your Thanksgiving is Twice as Good!
1 Doezen Cookies
1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Use a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment to cream together the softened butter and sugar until smooth.
- Continue creaming and slowly add in each egg one at a time.
- Add the Flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice, mix until just combined.
- Place cookie dough onto a sheet of wax paper, top with another sheet wax paper and use a rolling pin to roll the cookie dough to about ¼ of an inch thickness in between the two pieces of wax paper. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
- Place the cookie dough onto a flat surface. Place your hand on the cookie dough and trace the outline of your hand with a butter knife. Transfer the handprint cookies onto a baking sheet keeping 2 inches of room between each cookie. Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake the Cookies for 6-8 minutes. Cool cooked cookies on a cooling rack.
- To make the icing mix the peanut butter and the milk in a small bowl and set aside.
- An another small bowl combine the powdered sugar and the water and mix until smooth. If desired separate the mixture into two equal portions and use the food coloring to color icing. Place the colored icings into piping bags fitted with a small round piping tip.
- Once the cookies have fully cooled use the peanut butter for the bottom layer and the colored icing to make feather designs. Decorate the turkey cookies with the pumpkin seeds and assorted candies.
Small Round Piping Tips
- ½ cup Softened Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 ½ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Milk
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Water
- Orange and Red Food Coloring
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Assorted Candies