Recipe Courtesy of Chef Lester Dean, Dune Restaurant Paradise Island
Serve chili, salt and lime halves all in separate containers on the side.
- Put onions, celery and potatoes in a pot with a pinch of salt and chili, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then add fish. Cook until fish is done and potatoes are tender. Finish with salt and lime juice to taste. Serve in a bowl.
- For the grits, boil water and salt, add grits. Cook until tender.
- For the Johnny Cakes, mix flour, sugar, butter and baking powder in a stand mixer. Slowly add milk and mix until smooth. Spoon onto 2 greased ½ sheet pans lined with parchment and bake for 15 minutes at 350ºF.
- Onions, sliced
- Celery, cut on bias thick
- Potatoes, large dice
- Chili, chopped fine
- 6 one oz. Grouper, cut in squares
- Limes, halved
- Water, 2 parts
- Grits, 1 part
- 3 lb. Flour
- 1 lb. 8 oz. Sugar
- 1 lb. 8 oz. Butter
- 2 oz. Baking powder
- 1 lb. 8 oz. Milk