Easy Peasy Black Bean Soup
4 - 6 servings
- In a dutch oven sauté onion, garlic and peppers in olive oil. Cook until tender. Stir in cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth and beans. Stir and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove 4 cups of soup and puree in food processor. Return to pot.
- Serve and garnish with red wine vinegar to taste.
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- 1 ½ cups - chopped onion
- 2 cloves - garlic, chopped
- 1 cup - red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup - green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon - cumin
- 6 cups - chicken broth
- 2 cans - black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup - red wine vinegar