Recipe Courtesy of Chef Lester Dean, Dune Restaurant Paradise Island
- For the basil oil, puree until bright green and hot, shock over a bowl of ice. Let hang in a chinois for at least 4 hours.
- For the sauce, bring all the ingredients to a boil. Blend until smooth.
- For the marinière of vegetables, sweat onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Blanch fennel, zucchini, celery, red and orange pepper separately and shock. Combine all ingredients into a container and mix well. Reserve at room temp.
- For the potatoes, boil potatoes with skin in water with salt, garlic and fennel tops. Peel and crush with fork, fold in olive oil, butter and salt.
- For the herb puree, blanch and shock herbs then puree with olive oil and salt. Season with salt and pepper.
- To finish, season cod and sauté until colored on both sides. Warm sauce and pour onto plate. Cover cod with vegetables, at room temperature, about ½ inch thick. Put basil oil around sauce. Warm potatoes with basil puree and place two quenelles on edge of sauce. Garnish with thyme branch.
- 100 g Blanched basil (about 160 g raw), squeezed dry
- 400 g Grapeseed oil
- 8 g Salt
- 5 g Tabasco
- 100 g Red wine vinegar
- 100 g Soy sauce
- 120 g Ketchup
- 300 g Butter
Marinière of Vegetables:
- 5 g Garlic, germ removed, minced
- 100 g Onion, brunoise
- 100 g Olive oil
- 100 g Fennel, brunoise
- 85 g Zucchini, seeds removed, brunoise
- 85 g Celery branch, brunoise
- 85 g Red pepper, peeled, brunoise
- 85 g Orange pepper peeled, brunoise
- 75 g Tomato, peeled and brunoise
- 20 g Black oil cured olives, brunoise
- 20 g Castelvetrano olives, brunoise
- 15 g Capers
- 1 g Thyme leaves
- 1 g Thai chili, minced
- 2 g Thai basil, chiffonade
- ½ g Saffron
- 725 g Yukon Gold Potato, washed
- 1300 g Water
- 10 g Garlic clove, crushed
- 20 g Fennel Tops
- 25 g Extra virgin olive oil
- 25 g Butter, whole
- 4 g Salt
- 55 g Chive
- 55 g Parsley
- 55 g Basil
- 100 g Olive oil
- 2 g Salt
- 6 oz Cod steak
- 1 Thyme sprig, 2” long
A Taste of The BahamasbasilBasil oilBlack oilBlanched basilbuttercapersCastelvetrano olivesceleryChiveCodCured olivesextra virgin olive oilfennelgarlicGrapeseed oilHerb PureeketchupMarinière of Vegetablesolive oilonionOrange pepperparsleyPotatoesred pepperred wine vinegarsaffronsaltsauceSautéed GrouperSeason 7soy sauceTabascoThai basilThai chilithyme leavesThyme sprigtomatowaterYukon Gold Potatozucchini