It’s National Nutrition Month! To celebrate we’ve created Herbed Pocket Chicken! Our Herbed Pocket Chicken is packed with some of the most nutritious vegetables you can find. This extraordinary chicken recipe will become a weekly staple once you have tried it! We hope that your National Nutrition Month is Twice as Good!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wrap sweet potato in foil and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through. When cooked peal skin and mash. Set aside
- While the sweet potato is cooking lay out the chicken breast on a cutting board, loosely cover with plastic wrap and use a meat mallet to pound thin about ¼ inch.
- Season the chicken breast with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the sweet potato, kale, breadcrumbs, sundried tomatoes, raisins and sugar and mix well. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and evenly distribute the stuffing for each chicken breast. For best results place the mixture in the center of each chicken breast.
- Fold the chicken breast in half and use the toothpicks to secure the gap.
- Bush olive oil on chicken and coat in chopped cilantro.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven.
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups Kale, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Sundried Tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup Raisins
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Tooth Picks