Staying healthy is all about eating a balanced diet. This spring try making our Twice As Good Nutty Chicken Tenders with Veggies!
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray two baking trays with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine the cashews and cornflakes in a shallow bowl.
- Coat the seasoned chicken in the flour and be sure to shake off any excess flour.
- Next dip the chicken into the eggs and again shake off any excess egg.
- Place the chicken in the cashew mixture and coat evenly. Place the breaded chicken on the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Coat the sweet potatoes in olive oil and minced garlic. Place on the prepared baking tray in a even layer and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Steam the cauliflower and snow peas in a steamer basket until they are tender -- approximately 5 minutes. Remove from steamer and season with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with a side salad and your favorite dressing. Enjoy!
Equipment:Two Baking Trays
- 1 pound Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 cup Crushed Cashews
- 2 cups Crushed Corn Flakes
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten with a splash of milk
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, pealed and cut into thin sticks
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Purple Cauliflower Florets
- 1 cup Snow Peas
- 1 Lemon Wedge
- Salt and Pepper