Make a delicious rainbow treat this St. Patrick’s Day!!
2 Dozen Cookies
- In large bowl of a stand mixer combine the butter and sugar. Beat with a paddle until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Place the dough on a floured work surface. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to a ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut out cookies with a rainbow shaped cookie cutter and place on to a cookie sheet.
- Place the cookies in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake the cookies at 375°F for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool at least 30 minutes to 1 hour before decorating.
- To make the icing: Whip the egg white until it is frothy-- about 3-4 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons of milk and the lemon extract.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and salt. Whip for an additional 4-5 minutes until the icing is shiny and smooth. Adjust the thickness with the remaining milk if the consistency is too thick.
- Separate the icing into 7 bowls. Use the gel food coloring to color each bowl individually leaving one bowl white.
- Place each colored icing in a piping bag fitted with a small round tip.
- Make the rainbow stripes with the prepared icing. Allow to set for 10-15 minutes.
- Pipe the white icing on the sides to make clouds and top with mini marshmallows. Enjoy!
Rainbow Cookie Cutter
- ½ cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg White
- 4-6 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Extract (optional)
- 1 pound Powdered Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple Gel Food Coloring
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows