- Heat a small saucepan to medium high heat. Add the clam juice and seafood stock. Once the liquid boils turn off the heat and add the saffron. Set aside.
- Heat a medium paella pan or shallow flat pan to medium high heat. Add the olive oil, onion, garlic, red bell pepper, tomato, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes or until all of the vegetables are tender.
- Add the rice to the vegetables and toast for 2-3 minutes constantly stirring.
- Next add the saffron infused broth to the rice. Level out the rice so that the saffron broth covers all the rice. Simmer the rice for 10 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Once the rice and the liquid appear to be at the same level add the mussels and clams. Cook uncovered for an additional 5 minutes. Add the shrimp to the rice and cook for 4-5 minutes. Note: If there seems to be too little liquid add a bit of water and cover loosely with foil paper. Discard any mussels or clams that did not open during the cooking process.
- Top the rice with the fresh peas and roasted red bell peppers. Cover with foil paper and let sit for 5 minutes. Garnish with lemons.
- 2 cups Clam Juice
- 3 cups Seafood Stock or Vegetable Stock
- 2 pinches Saffron Threads
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium Tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 ½ cups Spanish Bomba Rice or Medium Grain Rice
- 1 pound Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 Mussels, washed
- 12 Clams, washed
- 1 cup Fresh Green Peas
- 1 cup Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- Sliced Lemons for Serving