Courtesy of Executive Chef Robert Vargo, LeMont Restaurant
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place Brie on a baking sheet and bake for six minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- In a small sauté pan, mix strawberry syrup and cornstarch. Let mixture simmer for two minutes and set aside.
- Slice eight fresh strawberries and chop half of the mint. Add to strawberry syrup.
- Remove Brie from oven. Spoon two tablespoons of strawberry syrup on top and sides. Lightly sprinkle toasted almonds on top and sides.
- Garnish with whole strawberries (sliced), remaining mint and toasted baguettes.
Small sauté pan
- 2-4½ ounces Brie
- ½ cup Toasted Almonds (sliced)
- 8 pieces Fresh Strawberries (sliced)
- 2 Whole Strawberries
- ½ cup Strawberry Juice (syrup)
- 2 sprigs Mint (fresh)
- ⅓ cup Cornstarch
- ⅓ cup Water (cool)
- 6 pieces Toasted Baguettes