Yield: 6 servings Cooking Time: 40 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- In a Dutch oven heat margarine. Over medium heat add garlic, shallots, leeks, onion and thyme. Cook until tender.
- Add broccoli and sauté until tender.
- Add chicken broth, bay leaf, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Puree soup in a food processor. Garnish with cheddar cheese.
- 1 tablespoon - margarine
- 3 cloves - garlic, sliced
- 2 - shallots, chopped
- 1 - leek, chopped (white part only)
- 1 sprig - thyme
- 1 - onion, chopped
- 1 head - broccoli, sliced
- 4 cups - chicken broth
- 1 - lemon, zested
- ½ - lemon, juiced
- 1 - bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sharp cheddar cheese, for garnish