Giant Derby Hot Brown
Directions:Giant Derby Hot Brown:
- Toast the sliced bread until golden.
- Place half sliced of bread in the bottom of dish, reserving other half for garnish.
- Top the bread with the sliced turkey then Mornay sauce.
- Arrange the tomato and bacon on top.
- Brown in broiler until golden.
- Melt butter in a 2-quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, then add flour and cook over low heat whisking constantly, 3 minutes.
- Add milk in a stream, whisking, and bring to a boil, whisking. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer, whisking occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, whisking, until melted, then whisk in salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Giant Derby Hot Brown:
- 8 slices Toasted White Bread
- 2 pounds Roast Turkey, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 quart Mornay Sauce
- 4 Tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 12 strips Bacon
- 8 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 8 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 4 cups Whole Milk
- 5 ounces Coarsely Grated Gruyere Cheese
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg