Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bjarni Gunnar Kristinsson
Mini Lamb Burgers
- Put the lamb in a large bowl with the onion, garlic, egg yolk, breadcrumbs, half the mint, the oregano and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season and mix with your hands, until all the ingredients are well combined. Shape into six small burgers, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Place on the barbecue or griddle and cook for 5-6 minutes each side, until cooked through. Mix the rest of the mint with the yogurt and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the burgers in buns with the minty yogurt, lettuce, tomatoes and red onion.
Barbecue or griddle
- 250 grams (9 oz.) Minced Lamb
- 1 Onion, small, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 25 grams (1 oz.) White Breadcrumbs, fresh
- 1 small bunch Angelica (Icelandic anis herb)
- 1 tablespoon Wild Fresh Chervil, or another fresh herb, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Natural Yogurt
- 6 Mini Burger Buns
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Red Onion
- Salt & Pepper