Yield: 4 - 6 servings Cooking Time: 30 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- Heat margarine in a Dutch oven. Add leeks and sauté until softened. Add garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, asparagus, parsley and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until asparagus is soft.
- Transfer soup to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Ladle into bowls. Garnish with goat cheese.
- 2 tablespoons - margarine
- 1 - leek, sliced
- 2 cloves - garlic, minced
- 4 cups - chicken broth
- 2 pounds - asparagus, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup - parsley, chopped
- ½ cup - basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces - herbed goat cheese, cut in disks