Recipe courtesy of A Painter’s Kitchen: Recipes from the Kitchen of Georgia O’Keeffe by Margaret Wood
Apple Pie Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg and beat until well blended.
- Next, add the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the apples and nuts, then stir in the hot water.
- Bake in a greased 9-inch pie pan for 40 minutes
- Serve warm.
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Butter, room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups Apples, unpeeled and diced
- ½ cup Pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Hot water