Yield: 4 Cooking Time: 30 Difficulty: Easy Full Episode: Time for Breakfast! (Season 3)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- To make the custard, combine the eggs, milk, orange extract, almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar in a bowl. Whisk until everything is combined. Then pour the custard into a shallow plate with raised edges.
- Pour the cereal onto a flat plate with raised edges.
- Dip bread slices in the custard and allow the bread to absorb some liquid for 30 seconds.
- Coat the soaked bread in the puffed rice cereal and place on a baking tray. Repeat this step for all of the bread slices.
- Bake for 5 minutes, turn the toast and bake on the other side for 4 minutes.
- Garnish with bananas and strawberries. Serve with maple syrup.
Measuring CupsFull Episode: Time for Breakfast! (Season 3)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Orange Extract
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 3 cups Puffed Rice Cereal
- 8 slices Whole Wheat Bread, toasted
- Bananas and Strawberries, for topping
- Maple Syrup