- Heat the oven to 180° Grease 4 oven proof ramekins.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Gently fry the onion and the garlic.
- Add the mince.
- Cook the mince until it is nice and crumbly.
- Add the spices and mix.
- Add the grated carrot to the pan.
- Add the lemon juice and mix in.
- Add the soaked white bread. Making sure to mix it in properly.
- Add the almonds and mix through.
- In a separate bowl lightly whisk together the milk and eggs. Add seasoning.
- Spoon the meat mixture into individual oven proof ramekins.
- Level the meat mixture using the back of a spoon.
- Place the bay leaves over the meat mixture.
- Then gently pour the egg mixture over the meat and bay leaves.
- Bake for about 30minutes
- The egg custard should be firm, set and a golden colour.
- Serve with yellow aromatic rice, sliced banana, chutney, raisins and coconut.
4 Oven Proof Ramekins
Large Saute Pan
- 30ml Oil
- 1 Large Carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 10ml Crushed Garlic
- 500g Mince
- 5ml Ground Corriander
- 5ml Ground Ginger
- 5ml Curry Powder
- 5ml Cinnamon
- 5ml Turmeric
- 5ml Sugar
- 5ml Apricot jam
- 5ml Salt
- 15ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- Thick Slice of White Bread, soaked in milk
- 125ml Flaked Almond
- 3-4 Bay Leaves
- 250ml Fresh Milk
- 2 Eggs