Yield: 2 Dozen Small Cookies Cooking Time: 30 Minutes Difficulty: Easy Full Episode: All About Allergies! (Season 3)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Use a hand mixer on medium-high speed to cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the egg whites and vanilla extract and continue to cream for an additional 2 minutes.
- While mixing on low speed, slowly add almond flour and chopped pistachios. Mix for 1 minute. The dough should hold together and be slightly crumbly.
- Portion the dough into 24 tablespoons and roll into small round balls. Place on a baking tray. With your thumb make an impression on the center of the ball. (If the dough is too soft, place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.)
- Place a small spoonful of the preserves into the impression made by your thumb. Place the cookies in refrigerator and chill for about 15 minutes before baking.
- Once chilled, bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven.
Hand MixerFull Episode: All About Allergies! (Season 3)
- ½ cup Butter, softened
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 cup Pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup Plum Preserves or Raspberry Preserves