Yield: 4 - 6 servings Cooking Time: 25 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add onions, carrots, leeks and celery and sauté until soft.
- Add peas and garlic. Stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add quinoa. Mix in chicken broth and tomatoes with their juices, and bouquet of herbs. Simmer covered for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove bouquet of herbs before serving.
- ¼ cup - olive oil
- 2 - onions, chopped
- 4 - carrots, chopped
- 1 - leek, chopped (white part only)
- 2 stalks - celery, diced
- 1 can - black eyed peas
- 2 cloves - garlic, minced
- 1 can - tomatoes, chopped
- 8 cups - chicken stock
- 1/3 cup - quinoa
- 1 bouquet - rosemary, oregano, bay leaf and thyme (tied with kitchen twine)
- salt and pepper, to taste.