- Heat a deep saucepan to a medium high heat. Add olive oil. Sauté chopped onions until translucent. Add bay leaf, turmeric, and salt.
- Add Basmati rice and toast for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in carrots and green beans.
- Cover rice with vegetable stock.
- When the stock comes to a boil reduce heat to medium low.
- Sprinkle on the saffron allowing the threads to float on top.
- Cover with lid and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Fluff the cooked rice with a fork and serve warm. Top rice with peas.
Spoon or Spatula
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- ½ cup Carrots, chopped
- ½ cup Green Beans, cut in ½ inch pieces
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 pinch Saffron
- ½ cup Peas