Yield: 3 Cups Yogurt Cooking Time: 12- 14 Hours Difficulty: Easy Full Episode: Going Greek! (Season 4)
- Place 4 cups of the milk in a large pot and heat until boiling. Remove the milk from the heat and pour into a glass bowl.
- Allow the milk to cool until just warm to the touch about 100-105° (A thermometer can be used to find the correct temperature.)
- Mix the remaining milk with the yogurt in a small bowl then add it to the warm milk.
- Cover the milk with a clean dishtowel and place in a dry warm location such as the oven for 8 to 10 hours or until the milk has thickened enough to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Note: Do not refrigerate
- Place a single layer of cheesecloth over a large strainer that fits into a large bowl without touching the bottom and pour the thickened milk mixture into the cheesecloth. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Discard the liquid that has drained from the yogurt and scoop the yogurt into an airtight container. Serve within 5 days.
Measuring CupFull Episode: Going Greek! (Season 4)
- 4 cups plus 2 tablespoons Whole Milk
- 2 tablespoons Yogurt with Live Active Cultures