4 - 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, mix eggs and vanilla.
- In a saucepan, heat milk and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas and mix with lime juice and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle small layer of breadcrumbs in the bottom of the ramekins.
- Add egg mixture to bananas. Spoon in milk mixture slowly. Stir.
- Pour the banana mixture over breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Place in a deep baking dish in a bath of warm water. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the center of the custard is set.
Deep Baking Dish
- 6 - bananas, ripe
- 1 - lime, juiced
- ¾ teaspoon - nutmeg, ground
- 3 cups - low-fat milk
- ⅓ cup - sugar
- 3 - eggs
- ½ teaspoon - vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon - cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup - white bread crumbs