2 to 2/12 Hours
Directions:Sweet Tea Brined Roast Turkey:
- Bring all ingredients except turkey to boil until salt and sugar dissolve.
- Chill brine to 38 degrees or below.
- Pour brine over turkey breast in baking dish. Be sure to completely submerge the turkey.
- Let turkey brine for 6 hours or overnight.
- Rinse turkey and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Roast to internal temperature of 165 degrees for approximately 1 – 1 ½ hours.
- Rest turkey for at least 30 minutes or more.
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in food processor.
- While food processor is on, slowly add oil.
- Taste for seasoning
- Thinly slice turkey breast.
- Lightly toast brioche.
- Spread generous amount of pesto on both sides of brioche.
- Add 4-6 ounces sliced turkey and gently press together.
Sweet Tea Brined Roast Turkey:
- 1 Fresh Turkey Breast
- 1 Gallon Water
- 5 Black Tea Bags
- 1 1/2 Cups Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Kosher Salt
- ½ Cup Fresh Rosemary
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Shallots
- 2 Cups Nasturtium Flowers
- ½ Cup Basil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ Cup Pine Nuts, toasted
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Brioche, sliced