Recipe courtesy of Chef Michael of Eagle’s Nest Resort
- Ask butcher for frenched lamb racks.
- Sear on the hot plate of the bbq or grill until a golden color. Place on a rack and close the lid and cook for approximately 10-12 min.
- Place beetroot in pot and cook until just soft. Peel.
- Once cooked, drain then add the rest of the ingredients into the pot. Blend together with a stick blender slowly adding the beetroot juice until the desired consistency is reached. Finish with butter.
- 2 Lamb Racks
- 10 gms Pine Nuts
- 20 gms Soft Goats Cheese
- Olive oil
Red Beet Puree:
- 500 gm Beetroot, cooked & peeled
- 20 ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 10 gm Sugar
- 250 ml Beet Juice
- Salt & Pepper