- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Toss apples with lemon juice. Add raisins, sugar and cubed butter. Mix well.
- Cut pastry dough into four inch squares.
- Spoon apple mixture in center of dough.
- Fold edges in to center to create an envelope.
- Brush pastry with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until flaky and golden brown.
- 2 - red apples, peeled, cored, sliced thin
- ¼ cup - lemon juice
- ½ cup - golden raisins
- ½ cup - raisins
- ⅓ cup - sugar
- 2 tablespoons - sugar, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons - cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons - butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons - flour
- 1 sheet - refrigerated puff pastry dough
- 1 teaspoon - cinnamon, ground
- ½ teaspoon - nutmeg, ground