Yield: 4 - 6 servings Cooking Time: 40 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- Soak raisins in warm water.
- Combine milk, rice and salt in saucepan. Stirring constantly cook on low until rice is tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add sugar, vanilla, raisins and egg. Mix well. Allow to rest covered for 10 minutes.
- Add half & half, margarine, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Serve warm in small ramekins. Top with almonds.
- ½ cups - low-fat milk
- ½ cup - white rice, short grain
- 1 cup - brown sugar
- ¼ cup - vanilla extract
- ½ cup - golden raisins
- 1 - egg yolk
- ½ cup - half & half
- 3 tablespoons - margarine
- ¼ teaspoon - ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon - ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon - salt
- salted almonds, sliced and toasted